9 am to 6 pm

Monday to Friday

Av de la Playa, 61

07181 Palmanova

+34 902 848 650

+34 634 299 625

Price Range: From to

Compare Listings

Insurance in Spain

When living in Spain it is important to find out which insurances are mandatory and what extra coverage you need to protect your lifestyle, yourself and your loved ones.

In Spain it can be difficult to identify which insurance policy is best for you especially with the added difficulty of tackling the paperwork to get Spanish insurance which can be a challenge for long-term residents and newcomers alike.

As an English and Spanish speaking Insurance Broker in Spain I help my clients by cutting through the paperwork and explaining each product in full to ensure that they have all of their insurance needs covered whilst in Spain.

Below are some of the insurances for expats in Spain, including information about what the law requires and what you might need in addition to the mandatory Spanish insurances.

Car Insurance
All vehicles in Spain require mandatory car insurance before being driven.

Health insurance
Many expats opt for a private medical insurance when in Spain in order to reduce waiting times for treatments with the Social Security system or because they prefer to have a doctor that can speak their language.

Dental Insurance
Dental cover can be very expensive in Spain and is not included on the social security so a private policy is recommended for peace of mind.

Home Insurance
Although home insurance is not mandatory in Spain, there are laws in place that protect neighbours and civil responsibility in the event of an accident. Many banks offer home insurance when you take out a mortgage but this insurance may not cover everything and an independent policy is recommended.

Life Insurance
Life insurance ensures greater peace of mind for you and your loved ones and there are products that offer a full range of coverage so that no matter what happens, you and your loved ones will be completely protected.

Unemployment Insurance
If you pay Social Security in Spain then you may be entitled to state unemployment benefits but the amount depends on the time worked in Spain. An independent insurance policy will give you time to find a new job whilst keeping up with your monthly outgoings.

Travel Insurance
Many health insurance policies cover illness and medical treatment abroad although independent travel insurance will make sure that you are covered in the event of lost baggage or flight cancellations.

For a no-obligation consultation for your insurance needs please feel free to contact the Office +34 902 848 650 info@homesinmallorca.es   

Ben Mulvey